17 Different Ways You Can Save Money Each Month- To Do More of What Makes You Happy
Saving couple hundred each month is not that difficult as we think it is. In fact, after reading the following options, you will realize how easy and simple it is to save. All it needs is for you to start doing things and stay committed. It will be so much worth it later in life.
- Join a gym with cheaper membership. We all want to stay in shape, live a healthier life, and joining the gym helps achieve that goal.But do you really need to join an expensive gym? Is it required for your fitness goals? If not, consider a low-cost gym, you’ll be surprised how much you can save each month.
- Avoid/Cut down commuting. Living closer to your job can save you in many ways. It will save you the time you spend behind the wheels, plus help you save on the fuel. Another way to save is to carpool with friends or coworkers.
- Start clipping coupons. Clipping coupons is not so time-consuming as it used to be. There are several websites where you can search and print the coupons that you want.Some websites even link coupons with deals in your local supermarket. Other than grocery there are coupons for other items too like stationery, cleaning supplies. Stock up on items or food that you know you or your family likes.
- Save on utility bills. If not carefully controlled and tracked, utility bills can eat quite a chunk of your monthly budget. Especially, AC, heater, and appliances. Turn off lights, appliances and electronics when you are not using them.
- Cancel or downsize your cable or satellite subscription. Cable or satellite subscriptions can end up being more than $150 a month. To save some money, work with your provider and go for a package with fewer channels or simply cancel it.Signup with Netflix or Amazon Prime through which you’ll get access to the latest shows and movies for under $11 per month.
- Instead of throwing away empty bottles and cans, save them. At the end of the month, take them to your local recycling center and get paid.
7. Reconsider paid subscriptions. Are there any paid subscription that you have but don’t really need? Are you reading those subscribed magazines, newspapers or taking advantage of wine clubs, gift boxes?
Are they critical. If not cancel them. Most of the subscriptions are automatic, so your account will be charged every month until you cancel it. Sometimes we sign-up for these types of paid subscriptions and forget about them.
8.Find cheaper providers. If you have a small business, you probably work with few providers for the services, like internet provider, or web hosting (for your website). Find a provider that is able to provide you with the same service at a cheaper price.
For example, there are some companies that charge more than $10 for web hosting, when there are some that charge only $3.95 per month. A huge save!
9. Consider e-cards. In today’s technology world, things are moving at a very fast speed. Send birthday wishes via email. There are so many websites through which you can send a lovely card to anyone who has an email. You not only save on the card, stamp but you also save the time. You can also post your invitations on your Facebook page.
10. DIY pet grooming. Pet grooming can cost somewhere between $50 to $110, depending where you go. Some are very fancy places and can end up charging a bit more.
The best way to save on pet grooming is to buy the supplies and get your pet groomed yourself. There are probably Youtube videos on how to groom your pets. Do some research and you should be on your way to save more each month.
- Transfer debt to a lower interest credit card. Some credit cards charge very high interest rates. Consider transferring the debt to a credit card with $0 interest balance transfer.
- Cut down on eating out. A simple alternative like eating at home versus going out to eat all the time can make a big difference when it comes to saving. Cook a healthy meal and enjoy a Netflix or Amazon Prime show or movie with your family. It’s more fun!
- Make your own coffee. Buy a coffee maker, there are many styles on Amazon. Make your own coffee and experience the many variety of flavors right there at your home.
- Switch cell phone plans. If your current plan cost you more than it should, switch to cheaper plans. Reach out to all providers and see who can offer you a plan that meets your needs at a cheaper price.
- Avoid food waste. Food is expensive and throwing them away is not an effective way of saving money. Plan your meal so you are making the right amount.Re-use the leftovers instead of throwing them. There are many recipes that shows how you can turn your leftovers into a new dish. Refrigerate your leftovers and put a date. Date all your frozen items and use the oldest ones first.
- Challenge yourself. This happens to be my favorite. Put aside $1 the first week of the month, $2 the second week, $3 the third and $4 the fourth week – you will end up with $10 each month! You can start with different amount as well or keep the amount same each week. Whichever works for you.
- Automate your savings. Setup an automatic transfer of a specific amount from your checking account to your savings each month. This way, the money will be going in your savings account without you doing anything.
These are some of the ways you can start saving each month. Check out more details on saving money by downloading our FREE e-book Ultimate Guide on Saving More Money.
DISCLOSURE: Many of the links in the article above, and throughout this site, are affiliate links. While there’s no additional cost to you, any purchases made via those links may earn me a commission.