21 Best Beauty Recipes
As you know, I like to share information about things that interest me or things that I just learned about. Well like any part of our internal body, the skin also needs to be nourished. Recently, I’ve been looking at some of the beauty products – and yes our consumer market is flooded with so many types and brands. I’ve been looking for products that not only do what I want it to but also ones with no harsh ingredients or chemicals. Well nothing beats the natural beauty supplies – ones made right from your kitchen! I think I will go back to what I’ve doing – use the natural ingredients like pure honey, egg, lemon, milk, yogurt, and so on to beautify my skin.
Along with my recipes (I’ve got some of them listed here), I’ve made a commitment to take care of my skin the following ways. Hope you will find them useful too.
- Drink plenty of water. Since water keeps our skin hydrated make sure that you drink at least 8 glasses of water each day.
- Eat a healthy well-balanced diet. We are what we eat and incorporating healthy food like fruits, vegetables, grains and protein will nourish your skin with essential nutrients.
- Exercise regularly. Workout like cardio stimulates blood flow. Sometimes even a 15-minute workout will make you feel good.
- Get enough sleep. Your entire body needs adequate amount of rest.
- Using Clean Linen. Changing my pillowcase every 3 to 4 days and this has been very helpful. A bacteria-free pillowcase stops any breakouts while we are sleeping.
- Protect your skin from the sun. Sun exposure can cause wrinkles and age spots. So using sun-screen is very important.
- Exfoliate skin regularly. Exfoliating removes dead skin cells, toxins and other deposits from the skin.
- Keep your hands off your face. Some of us have a habit of touching out face constantly. Doing so can cause breakouts by the oils on our hands.
- Remove makeup at night. It is important to remove the makeup before going to bed. Doing so will prevent clogging of the pores and causing breakouts while you sleep.
- Wash your face. Washing face at least three times a day not only keeps the face nice and clean but also prevents excess oil build-up which can cause acne. Also wash your skin with warm water. Hot water dries the skin and causes wrinkles, rashes and other breakouts.
- Moisturize. Moisturizing keeps the skin soft and smooth.
- Tie your hair back while you sleep. This is important if you have acne.
- Avoid bleaching. Bleaching dries cracks and burns the skin which can leave you with scars.
- Winter Dry Air. Use a humidifier during winter nights to moisturize the air. This will ease itchy dry skin.
- Keep your feet moisturized. For soft and young looking feet, rub moisturizing cream and then slip on fabric socks. This will keep your feet feeling soft and smooth.
- Engage yourself in activities. Go swimming, take a bike ride, go jogging, and play tennis – any activity that get you sweating. This is one way of eliminating excess salt or toxic chemicals that can build up under skin. Plus regular exercise helps maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Take Vitamin C Supplements. Vitamin C helps prevent dehydration and wrinkles.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes. The skin on your face is extremely delicate, especially under the eyes. Rubbing can cause dark circles. Apply a cold washcloth to the area instead of rubbing.
- Use products formulated to work together. Using various skin-care products can cause breakouts, dryness, etc. Try to stick to one family of skin-care products. Mixing different brands may not give you the results you expect.
- Pat Dry. Always pat dry your skin with a clean towel. Rubbing can cause breakouts. Be easy with your skin.
- Lastly, don’t use products you don’t know. Avoid using products you haven’t used before or if you don’t know much about. Always do your research. You’ll be surprised how much information you will be able to find.