6 Smart Things to Do Every Night for a Great Tomorrow
There are many of us who end up our day staying up late, watching TV, browsing internet, watching YouTube videos, spending hours on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Which is not a huge problem but it can impact your tomorrow.
When you do these things before going to bed are you fully ready for the next day? Are you happy with the way the day ended? May be or may be not. In fact, I used to do these – I used to spend lot of time browsing sites like Pinterest, and watching YouTube videos.
After few months, I noticed that I woke up with headaches, feeling tired and was so unorganized. I didn’t like that at all and started going to bed early. Which helped as I woke up less tired but my days especially mornings were still so unorganized which was stressing me out.
Finally, I had it figured out. I was not ending my day right or in a smart way. So here is what I’m doing now which I’m so proud of. My days are much more organized, I feel less tired, less stressed and no more waking up with headaches – Yay!
I’d like to share the things I did and maybe that will also help you if you are experiencing what I did few months ago. Before doing all of the following the first thing I did was getting unplugged. That’s right – now I spend very little time on electronics before going to bed.
- Cherish it! Before going to bed, I write down things that I really enjoyed that day. I write all the wonderful things that happened, the people I met, things I learned from mistakes, and ways I could have more fun each day! Note: the goal here was for me to stay positive. If anything negative happened during the day, then I tried to look at it from a different point of view – for example – as a learning lesson.
- Prepare for Next Day! With two little kids, there are lot to do in the morning. So I started doing simple things like laying out clothes for the next day. I had both my girls pick out the clothes they want to wear next day and I did the same for myself. Before going to bed I got them all ironed and ready to be worn. Wow! That was a huge time saver for me.
- All packed! I made sure the girls had their backpacks packed away before going to bed. I also had my suitcase packed as well. I also prepared breakfast/lunch menu so that when I woke up in the morning I knew exactly what to do. I made sure the veggies were chopped and prepared snacks for the girls. In other words, I did all that I could the day before to make my next day less hectic.
- Plan the Next Day! I invested in a planner and wrote down things that I need to do next day. I made sure I noted the important appointments, things-to-do, goals and any other notes that helped get my day go smoothly. In fact, this exercise helped me come up with creative ways to get my tasks completed.
- Read! I’ve always had a deep passion for reading. Each night I read for about 30 minutes and I read something that aligns with my dreams and goals. It gives me more knowledge and helps me focus and concentrate on things that helps me achieve and enhances self-improvement.
- Review! Each night before going to bed I review how things are working out. Do I still feel stressed? Are my mornings getting organized? Is there anything else that I should be doing to make it better? Am I happy, is my family happy? I write these down in my journal which helps me get better and make the best of my life each day!
What we do in the morning as soon as we wake up and things we end up doing before going to bed are the bookends of our day. Therefore, it’s critical it is started and ended right. These tips have been really helpful for me. Hope you would also find them helpful.