Top 7 Ways to Stay Committed to New Year’s Resolution
Usually, we end up with a lot of items on our list and unfortunately only few of us are able to keep ourselves committed. The list may include lose weight, eat healthy, get organized, pay off credit card bills and more. How do we keep ourselves committed so that we can achieve our goals? Here are 7 tips for keeping yourselves committed.
- Set Realistic Goals. Try to keep the goals realistic. Losing 30 pounds in one week – is that possible? Goals that you set for yourself should keep you motivated and satisfied. If you set goals that are unrealistic or something that most likely won’t happen within the timeframe that you have dedicated then you would end up feeling frustrated and unhappy.
- Be Determined. Don’t give up easily. Give yourself enough time. Go easy on yourself and stay positive. There are things that don’t provide us with an immediate result – it requires some time.
- Plan and Prioritize. Setting unplanned goals can lead to disappointment. If it is something like paying off credit card bills, paying off auto loan, student loan – whatever it is, you need to have it prioritized. You need to plan how you going to achieve the goal and which one you need to achieve first. Which ones are more important to you?
- Ask for Support. Share your goals or your resolutions with your loved ones. Let them know your plan and how you are going to achieve them. I’m totally sure they would love to support you. Doing it all alone can be stressing but doing it with a friend or loved one will be more enjoyable.
- Believe in Yourself. Believe that you can do it. Believe that like everyone else you can also set your own resolutions and that you will be successful. Lack of self-confidence can make it difficult for you to even start. Trust yourself.
- Review your Progress. It is good to review your goals regularly and to check how you are doing. Not only it will keep you organized but also motivated. After achieving the first result, you will be determined to try even harder.
- Avoid Procrastination. You need to follow your plan and perform the task that you need to in order to achieve your goal. For example; if your goal is to lose weight – then quitting workout may not help you achieve that goal by the time you had planned. It may take longer and can impact your motivation.
These are just a few ways to keep yourself committed to your New Year’s resolutions!
All the Best!