5 Ways to Less Stress About Cleaning
Busy schedules – so much to do – we are already taking care of so many things and by the time it comes to cleaning house we are pretty stressed out. Wish there were easy ways to get the house cleaned quickly? Sure – check out these tips.
- Start small. Well no one likes to spend all day cleaning the entire house – right. So why not start small. By that I mean, divide the whole house into smaller parts – living and family room, kitchen and laundry room and so forth. Then clean one section at a time. Have your family members help you. If you have grown up kids have them clean their bedrooms.
- Get rid of them. Just get rid of items that are not really needed. If there are stuffed animals lying all over the place, get your kids decide which ones they really want to keep and get rid of the others. Same applies to clothing, shoes and so forth. The less clutter you have the less time it will take to clean the room.
- Create and follow the rules. Rules like dirty clothes should go in the laundry basket instead of on the floor will also safe lot of time plus make the house look less messy. Placing things back to its place is another rule I love. Misplacement of items makes the house look untidy and it takes much longer to put them away while cleaning. Create rules and have everyone follow them. You will so glad that you did.
- Quick cleanups in between. Instead of putting off all the cleaning and tidying to a certain day, perform quick cleanups on other days. Spend about 10 to 15 minutes – like put all the books or magazines back on the shelf, do one load of laundry or clean the stove.
- Take breaks. Last but not least take breaks while cleaning – for example take a 5 minute break after 15 to 20 minutes of cleaning. This way you won’t feel too tired.
Cleaning house doesn’t need to be stressful. It’s all about using strategies such as above to make it less overwhelming. Focus on the reward – you are going to get a clean house at the end, you will feel proud.