7 Ideas for Thankful Holidays
The holiday season is the time when we are sharing special time with our loved ones traveling to and from around the world. It is the perfect time to think about the many things that we are thankful for and appreciate having them as part of our life. It can be experiences, it can be the support of loved ones, friends and families, it can be the work you do, and it can be anything that has made your life more excelling.
1. Share the Gratitude. Sit down with your loved ones and share with them how grateful you are to have them as part of your life. Each one has contributed a lot and has made you feel special every moment.
2. Surprise Gift. Thank your neighbors or your best friends by leaving a gift by their door. You can write your name or leave it anonymous. This will definitely leave a big smile on their face.
3. Greetings Card. Send a holiday greetings card to all your friends and families. Make them feel they are so special and that you are thankful to have them part of your life.
4. Service Person. Give a gift or a note to the mail person or the trash truck driver and let him or her know that you are thankful that your mails are delivered each day, that the garbage are disposed each week – whether it’s steaming hot or icy cold – the service person delivers the service in every weather condition and we are thankful for that.
5. Charity. Donating to charities doesn’t have to happen only during holiday season but giving during this season just makes it more special.
6. Thank you Letter. Probably it’s been a long time since you’ve been in touch with someone who did a great favor for you or who helped you out with something. It could be anything like being helped to carry the groceries to second level, rake the yard, and so forth. Write a thank you letter letting that person know that you are thankful for his or her help.
7. Thank Yourself. Don’t forget to thank yourself. Thank yourself for working hard, taking care of your family. Keeping your loved ones safe and providing them with love and care.
Giving thanks brings us closer to everything that are special or things that we forgot about. It makes our heart sing with joy!
I together with my family wish you and your loves ones a Happy Holiday Season!
“No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.”